Monday, September 26, 2016

Hey!!
M got baptized!! Her daughter is a member and she had been going to church off and on for a few years, but never wanted to be baptized beforehand. She only speaks Quechua but understands a lot of Spanish, so we find ways to understand each other haha. Not very many ward member came to her baptism, but it was still great.
All the hermanas in our zone also received permission to go out to eat and then watch the General Women's Conference together, which was super fun. In my personal study these past 2 transfers, I have been focusing on 2 things: charity and the doctrine of Christ. So, I pretty much got my mind blown during the conference :)
My companion and I also received a lot of help from members in our ward, this past week, and it makes such a difference. Multiple members not only gave us references (which almost never happens), but accompanied us when we went and visited them. We have multiple new investigators who are much more likely to progress and come to Church. The difference when missionaries and members work together is very evident, and I'm very grateful.
Thank you for all the love and support! I love being here in the mission, and I'm grateful that I have a family that has done so much to help me get here.
When I arrived, President Hansen promised me that if I was obedient, I would experience more joy than I had ever felt before my mission. And it is so, so true.  This is the work of the Lord, and I love it.
Hna. Rupp





No comments:

Post a Comment