Saturday, September 3, 2016

August 22

Family!
This week I have learned to rely even more on the Spirit. There were multiple lessons in which we started and I didn't really know what to say. However, as I began to pray for the company of the Holy Ghost- and I'm sure my companion was doing same- they ended up being very powerful. I think that one of the most rewarding parts of the mission is that the Lord allows you to feel some of the love that he feels towards each one of His children. It will be my goal to feel that same love for others when I return home.
I'm sort of drawing a blank on all that has happened this week (but don't worry, we worked hard), so I'll share something that has been on my mind a lot recently :) 
I have been studying humility this week, and the thought came to me that it's only a matter of comparison. Pride comes from comparing yourself with others and taking pleasure in the fact that you doing something better than them (at least from your perspective), whereas humility is comparing yourself with you Savior and Redeemer, and realizing that you have a long way to go. Now, I'm not saying that to be humble is to have low self esteem because you can not ever arrive to the perfection that is Jesus Christ, but rather realizing that this should be your goal, and that you depend on the Lord completely in order to achieve it. And when you recognize and remember this dependence, you then grow in a way you never could have otherwise.
Thanks for everything, and I love you a lot!
Hna. Rupp
P.S. I did not take one photo this week, so van a discuplar. And even if I had, I'm not sure I'd send them haha, because I shower, put my hair in a bun, and start to study. There's no time in the mission to worry what you look like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment