Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September 12

This week was pretty tiring, but I also saw a lot of tender mercies. 
My companion and I flew to Cochabamba Wednesday for Leadership Council, which is always very spiritual. My President spoke a lot about the pride, which pretty much hit the nail on the head for me haha (is that an expression? I can't remember now). When we got back we went to help look for a house for 2 more hermanas that are coming to our zone, which took longer than we expected, so we didn't have a whole lot of time to work in our area. 
My companion and I were a little stressed about the people we hadn't been able to visit, but I know they'll be alright. For example, there is one family that we found last week, and they are so prepared. Last night we had an appointment, and the mother told us that for the past few months she has had a lot of religious doubts, and that she felt that what we had taught was helping her answer them. The family accepted a baptismal date, and I know that they will each receive and answer to their prayers because they are very sincere.
We also have another woman that we teach, and recently her 12 year old grandson has been joining us in the lessons, but, to be honest, I think we were putting a little more emphasis on the grandma than on him. 
When we asked her if she had prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true, she short of shrugged it off and told us that she hadn't been able to. However, her grandson looked at us and gave a firm yes. A little surprised, I asked him how he felt when he had prayed, and he told me, "Clean. Very pure." I was touched by his sincerity and reminded of the promise that every person with real intention can and will receive an answer to their prayers. I love you guys!!
Hermana Rupp

My comp and I called our pensionista Saturday and told her we wouldn't make it to lunch, just so we could go see the parade thay had over the weekend. This computer won't let me send the videos I took of the dances, which is a real bummer because they're pretty cool. My comp and I were literally right next to them. But, I guess you can seem them in 5 months haha












No comments:

Post a Comment