Tuesday, July 5, 2016

This week was awesome!! My companion and I are teaching a ton and we have seen a lot of success this week. The Lord truly has put extremely prepared people in our path, and I'm very excited to see their progression.
There are lots of little things that have happened that make me laugh. For example, there are lots of little kids that lie and say that their parents aren't home, but if we say that we just saw their parents enter the house, they just get quiet for a second, and then go call their parents haha.
We are also teaching this 80 year old cholita who comes to Church every week with her daughter and is ready to be baptized. However, when we put a baptismal date for July, she wouldn't accept it. Turns out she has a family party in August and wants to be able to drink and sin one more time before her baptism haha. It's kind of sad, but also kind of funny coming from a little old grandma.
The only downside  was that we were without water for almost a week. We finally ended up asking our neighbor to let us draw water from his well so that we could bathe and wash our clothes. When we finally got our water back, I think I had the best shower of my life haha. I also got sick, but nothing too bad, more of just a cold. We worked like normal.
Overall, I love Sucre. We work so hard, the people are so good, and I love being here.
Thank you for all your love and support, and I hope you have a great week. Love you all!!
Hermana Rupp

Oh, and I don't know if I said this, but I got the packet right before I got to Sucre. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment