Monday, June 27, 2016

Hey! How's it going?
This was a great week! Well, today was interesting because this morning we went to a museum on the outskirts of the city, only to find that it was closed on Mondays. So, we got on a bus and went to the opposite side of they city to tour a castle, and found out that it too was closed Mondays. We spent almost the whole morning in the bus, but I got to see lots of the city :) Finally, we just decided to get some food and we'll think of something else the next week haha.
To tell you a little more about the area, I'm in Delicias, Sucre. It's in the city, but not in the center so we teach all kinds of people. There are a ton of hills (so I'm getting lots of exercise haha), and it's cold. I don't know if it really is that chilly temperature wise, but you gotta remember that here you can't just turn on the heater when it gets a little cold. There's also a lot of wind which makes a difference. But, I really like it here because the area is awesome.
My companion, Hermana Romero, works extremely hard and we teach so much. The only real problem is that a lot of our investigators only speak Quechua. Luckily, the ward is really great and a lot of people are willing to come with us to translate, but they can't always. I'm able to understand small parts, but it gets a little interesting sometimes haha. I was studying Quechua beforehand, but I left my book in Cochabamba, which wasn't my best idea. I think we're flying back next week for a meeting so maybe I can get it then.
To answer your question, Mom, my companion and I only stay in Sucre and do intercambios with the Hermanas within the city. You can take a bus to go back to Cochabamba but it's a 6 hour ride, I think, and they try to fly us in and out if possible.
Overall, I really love Sucre and I am very excited for this transfer! I'm learning a lot and many of the people we are teaching are progressing.
I love you!!
Hermana Rupp





No comments:

Post a Comment