Monday, May 2, 2016

Familia!!
First off, WE GET TO SKYPE THIS WEEK!
Also, sorry I barely wrote anything the last Monday. We were short on time, and I didn't even get to send photos. So, I'll try to say more this week.
A lot of the people we are teaching have stopped progressing, but this week Hermana Balderrama and I have found some great new investigators. One woman we were teaching told us that she had been praying to know which church is true, and she had a dream that said the Mormons. I don't think she took it very seriously, but it helps us to know that she could be someone who really is prepared for the gospel.
This week I also was extremely impressed with a 15 year old girl in our ward. She said she could visit with us, and that she had a few references as well. When we met up with her, she literally just went through her contacts and started calling her friends saying, "Hey! Are you home? I have something I want to share with you." Absolutely no shame and no fear.
Only one friend was home, but we went, taught all of lesson 1, and we now have a new investigator with great potential. I also know that almost all of the investigators of the Elders in our ward (she lives in their area) are references from her. She literally shares the gospel with everyone, whether she knows them or not.
Overall, it was a good week and I have hope that we have lots of people who will progress.
This week we have transfers and I'm also positive that Hermana Balderrama is leaving, so I'll let you know!
Have a great week! I love you all!!
Hermana Rupp

Other highlights from this week inculde...
-an elder was looking in my camera at photos from the CCM, and told me: "Hna, don't get offended when I say this, but you look way more tired now than you did in your photos of the CCM." sweet, thanks... but he's not wrong haha
-our ward had field trip today and we got to go to Pairumani, which is basically a camping spot with a hike up to a waterfall. You have to go through this tiny, but cool, tunnel with running water to get there.





1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This looks like a cool place Shanna enjoy the experience, you certainly can do it, and the Lord will bless you because you are brave and have a true desire to spread the the Gospel, I hope you enjoyed sky ping with your family. Love to read your post and the work that you trying to accomplish. The next nine months are going to go by fast. Love you always,

    Sister Cotto

    ReplyDelete