Monday, April 4, 2016

This was a cool week. Our zone got to do a service project with President Hansen where we unloaded storage containers with stuff for hospitals.
We were teaching one 11 year old kid and when we finished the lesson, he ran to his room and brought out some handcuffs. He was playing with them, and I just figured they were the toy ones. Afterward he wanted us to try, so my comp put them on one wrist and then was like, "Now what. How do I take them off?" Turns our that the boy plays with them all the time because his wrists are small enough to slide in and out, and he wasn't thinking at all when he gave them to my comp. He had no key, and his dad, a police officer, was out of town for the whole week. We searched their house for like half an hour and went to 2 police stations to look for a key, but no luck. In total, my comp had them on for over 2 hours haha. I couldn't stop laughing at first but it got pretty old after an hour so. Finally a guy (who also couldn't stop cracking up) used a nail to somehow open them.
On a completely different note, this weekend was great. A hermana who can barely speak Spanish came to stay in our area so she could watch in English, and my comp went to her area, which was kind of fun.
And Conference was just so powerful. I wrote down three questions I had before, and every single one of them was answered in the first session. And the Spirit is always so strong during Conference. I am so grateful for our living day prophet and that we have such inspired men to lead and guide us, and to help understand our Heavenly Father's will. The Church is so true!!
Have an awesome week. Love and miss you all!!
Hermana Rupp


No comments:

Post a Comment