Monday, January 4, 2016

Family! Our New Year was a little anticlimatic. We dined on bananas, yogurt, and milk, while watching the Testaments haha. We both ended up falling asleep at 10ish and woke up to all the fireworks. I think people were sending them off of the roof of our apartment, because it was pretty loud.

The next day was a little slow, mainly because the majority of the people in the street were still suffering, but apart from that it was a pretty normal week.

Our investigator whose baptism was supposed to be a few weeks ago, accepted a new date at the end of January, but she has some doubts about Joseph Smith still. However, I know that if she continues to read, pray, and attend Church, we can help her gain a testimony, and I'm super excited for her.

This week the son of our pensionista returned home from his mission, and it was an interesting glimpse of what it will be like in a year. At first my companion and I were a little trunky thinking about it, but when we actually had the opportunity to talk to him, it made me realize how much I should appreciate this time that I have to be here. He seemed so sad and lost, and I've decided that I can't take this next year here in Bolivia for granted. It's great to be a missionary!

I'm glad to hear you had a good New Year's, and I hope you have a great week! I love you!!
Love Hermana Rupp



No comments:

Post a Comment