Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Familia!

A couple funny things I forgot to share last time:

I play soccer with the Latinos, and I asked one of them how to say a word, and instead he taught me the D-word! It’s “demons” in English, so it´s not a literal translation. I didn´t find out until I said it in class and my teacher told me haha. Well played Elder, well played.

The other day our investigator told us that his dad was unfaithful to his mother, and my comp didn’t know what he was saying, so she just smiled and told him very nice haha. It was so hard not to laugh.

Some responses:

We eat inside, and you can´t bring any food out (although you can buy food on p-day and eat it in your rooms), but they have little tables in a lot of places outside for studying.

The temperature is kind of chilly, and, every once in a while, actually cold. There´s rarely ever sun, and it gets pretty gloomy and depressing after a while. I´m excited to leave and see the sun again haha. It´s very humid. If something gets wet, it most likely won´t dry all the way unless the sun happens to come out.

All the missionaries sleep in the same building (dorms), but there are separate hallways for Elders and Hermanas.

When we shop we take a public bus to the Temple, and then we just walk to whatever store we want (as a district). We usually go to a grocery store or to these little garages where they’re super cramped, but sell a lot of stuff.  It’s fun. Today my comps and I placed 2 Books of Mormon, and it was sweet! Hopefully they actually read them haha.

Peru is cramped, and there are so many houses stuck in tiny little spaces. By the CCM and the Temple it is fairly green.  All the medians between the roads are just grass and trees. The area I went tracting in, however, was just packed with people, and you couldn´t see any kind of mountains or vegetation, just buildings and grey sky.  It´s crazy how many people are in Lima.



1 comment:

  1. We look forward each week to reading about your happenings. Wonderful Sister Missionary! Great to place 2 copies of the Book of Mormon. We like you, always send a little prayer Heavenward that they will get read!
    We love you. Grandpa and Grandma Rupp

    ReplyDelete