Tuesday, December 1, 2015

My comp and I had a pretty free pday, so we went and explored one of the more rural parts of our area. It was super pretty and fun, and sort of felt like a normal hike at home. So I´ll send photos of that next week as well.
This week was good. Slow, but good. A lot of our investigators bailed, so I feel like we walked a ton and don't have a lot to show for our efforts haha. But, I know that we worked hard and did what we could, and that slow weeks are bound to happen.
Hermana Lopardo is awesome. We get along great and we work hard. I also don't think I've laughed this hard in quite a while. I feel very comfortable and happy here in Tiquipaya and, for this very reason, I'm starting to get the feeling that I won't be here for much longer haha. Oh well, I'll worry about that when transfers come :) Either way, I'll focus on enjoying every day that I have here.
Thanksgiving was a great. We went to the house of our recent converts, and the Elders (who are also gringos) and I told them that we were going to have an American dinner. Unfortunately the Elders couldn´t find any turkey in the supermarket, so we settled for the next best thing: hot dogs haha. We didn't have anything to cook them with so we literally just used sticks that we found around their house and roasted them around the campfire. It wasn´t quite what we had in mind orginally, but it really felt like we were with our "family away from home." I thought about all of you together and it made me a little sad that I couldn´t be there too, but I know this is where I should be and I really love being a missionary here in Bolivia.
Elder Godoy, one of the Seventy, also came to visit Thursday, and we had a conference with all the missionaries. One thing that he talked about was the difference between lecciones and enseƱanzas, or that we can´t just have lessons, we need to really teach and help people progress. It made me think that, not only do I need to improve in this, but that many times we do the right things, but we're sort of just going through the motions. Our goal should always be to come closer to Christ and invite the Spirit more into our lives.
Anyway, I hope that Thanksgiving was great and that you have a safe drive home! I loved the picures. Love you all!!
Love Hermana Rupp

No comments:

Post a Comment