Monday, September 28, 2015

This week was really good. I´m really starting to feel like I can communicate with the people here and it´s awesome.

We had intercambios and I learned a ton from our Sister Leaders. I tried to apply a lot of it the next day during our weekly planning, and I already feel that we are going to see some good changes. My companion had a little bit of pain this week, but overall we were able to work hard and teach a lot of lessons. I´m extremely grateful that she likes to work and truly wants to share the gospel.

Lately I´ve been worried because a lot of our investigators aren´t really makng it past lesson 2 or 3, and I had been thinking about how we could have the Spirit more when we teach. But then I realized that a lot of the times when we leave the house I´m frustrated because we're either late or something like that. So after the women´s conference, I decided to be better, and yesterday our lessons were so poweful and I could feel the Spirit so strongly (and my Spanish was way better than normal). I also had to give a talk, and I know I got divine help with that haha.

On a different note, the other day we were in a trufi (pretty much a bus) on our way to an appointment, and we had to stop because there were a ton of cars in the street (and there´s pretty much never traffic in our area). So I was thinking that there was a wreck or something, but turns out there was a priest blessing the cars in the street - in white robes (with his sweats underneath) was sprinkling water on the engines of cars and some of their keys as well.

Also, the other day one of our investigators wanted to hear me pray in English, and it was actually really hard! I started to speak in Spanish like twice. So later I was laughing about it, and I tried again in our apartment, and my mind literally went blank. It literally sounded like the prayer of a little kid. I can speak to other gringos fine, but for the past three months I only prayed in Spanish, and it was so hard to switch back. Not a good sign for when I return haha.

It was really sad to hear about Elder Scott.  I wish I had known Justine was singing, because I actually thought about it when they said Cache Valley.  I´m so excited for Conference. I loved listening to the Women's Session in English, especially President Uchtdorf´s voice.

Anyway, thank you for all the emails, support, and prayers. I love being a missionary, and I love you all!
Hermana Rupp

The elders made us breakfast for pday

The mission home is across from the temple so we took a pic after

No comments:

Post a Comment