Wednesday, July 22, 2015

"Here on the Rock, we have a few rules..." And I intend to obey all of them!

I was the only missionary on my flight to Atlanta.  When I got to the terminal in Georgia, I found like 30 other missionaries (I think there were actually 28 total), 12 of which were sisters. The flight over was long, but I just talked to the Elder next to me most of the time, so it was pretty fun. We got to the CCM at 2 in the morning, and I didn't get to bed until 3am. The first day was rough because we were running on 3.5 hours of sleep, and you´re kinda already stressed to begin with. They also fed us subpar pizza for breakfast haha.

I´m the only Hermana in the CCM who is going to Cochabamba, and there´s one other Elder in the same boat. Therefore, I am in a trio and I like them both. We have fun. We room with three Latinas who are only here for two weeks, and they´re hilarious. I literally love them. And I can actually understand and respond to almost everything they say, which is a plus haha. I´m pretty much the room translator.

A lot of people are having trouble adjusting to the CCM, but I really like it. I have a super clear mind, and it just feels right to be here. The Spirit is really strong, if you ask for it, and the Spanish is coming super fast. Although I really miss you guys and want to see you, I have no desire to be anywhere else but here. I just know my purpose here, and, because of that, it´s easy to enjoy what we're doing.

Have a great week! I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to hear from you! We got tender tears thinking of your love and commitment to Christ. Love you, Grandpa and Grandma Rupp

    ReplyDelete